Thursday, March 12, 2009

(b)Log #7

Read: Chapter Ten - Pages 80-87

Page 86
"Aisha shoves her plate aside and starts to cry. "It's all my fault. I should have been able to convince them to let Uncle out."

Aisha seems to think that she is so amazing that she could have been able to get Uncle out of this mess so easily. This is not something that you can just persuade the cops to let it slide. Aisha is not capable of doing this, nor is anyone else in her family. I really don't think that Aisha should think so highly of herself to think that she could have fixed it all. She is not the one to blame, the government is.

3 comments:

  1. Cheers dude! I agree, either Aisha is under a lot of pressure and just needs someone to blame, or she is an egotistical maniac. Personally i think its the pressure thing. She needs to give herself a break!
    Great B(log)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you! But Sarah, I think that she is both. :D
    Great blog Sylar. Aisha shouldn't blame herself for what happened, she should think highly of herself either. I love the ending sentence "She is not to blame, the government is." GREAT ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting that you thought Aisha was thinking so highly of herself that she could have convinced the officers to let him go. I think Aisha wasn’t thinking highly of herself, only that she wanted to help the family and had the capability to convince the officers. (Which is unlikely.) I think it was a good try, throwing things out there because if she didn’t say anything there won’t be a chance. Even if she did not convince them she still learned something and that might help her in the future. (If she took it to the extreme she could get in trouble. I feel sorry for Aisha, and hope she doesn’t think everything is her fault…

    ReplyDelete