Thursday, March 26, 2009

(b)Log #13

Read: Seventeen & Eighteen - Pages 149 - 159

Page 158
“Well. This is an unusual case. I grant you permission to file a new application for residency. Your papers will be accepted and processed. Correctly this time.” She pauses with the faintest hint of a smile and looks sharply at Mr. Rashid. “And make sure your lawyer his job.” She pushes the folder away. ‘Next!’”

I hated the ending to this book. I thought everything worked out way too smoothly, it seems totally unrealistic. In my earlier blog post [INSERT LINK HERE], I wrote about how Aisha might not even get into a good college because she stopped going to school, but nope, she’s still valedictorian...

I chose this quote because it just proves that life is turning bright (very quickly) for the family. The judge looks at the case file, and a minute later just gives them the thumbs up. As long as they file the papers correctly they are free to live in America, or Canada or wherever the hell they want. I just think that this was dismissed very quickly, and unreasonably. I mean, yeah, it’s great that Nadira and her family now have somewhere to live legally, but I think it turned out too happily, too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment